Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thanks, Sweeties!

Today I got up ultra early to run my now favorite 7.1 mile route. Sweetie was still sleeping when I left and when I got back, and still in the sack when I returned from taking Luna out. I'm telling you this not to make Sweetie look bad-- the sun didn't get up for me either (Strange. Did she set the alarm for p.m. instead of a.m. like I sometimes do?). I was happy about the fact that I got my workout done without him even noticing. See, all last week our conversations went something like this... 7:30p.m. Hi! Hi! How was your day? Fine, How was your day? Fine, Going for a run? Yeah, be back in an hour, can you start dinner please? Yeah, ok. Peck. bye. So today when my back was feeling kind of stiff at 5:30 and I was wide awake, I thought that I could roll over and try to sleep or just get up and get out there and get it all done before anything else. I had my clothes all laid out for me just in case (I do that the night before because looking for running clothes and shoes and socks gives me too much time to change my mind). It was hard at first. My achilles was still mad at me for Sunday's mountain hike but eventually forgave me (sort of) after about 30 minutes. Then I started to feel REALLY GOOD and realized that I have so much more energy than I have had in a long time, and that when you run you really live out your day in the best way. Then I started feeling guilty about feeling so good and wondered how bored our Sweeties must get with us talking about how great it is to get up and run at 5:30, how excellent it was running that long distance record of 14 miles on Saturday, blah blah blah, but, Sweeties, forgive us, we can't help it. This is such an exciting time and there are so many possibilities for pushing ourselves in ways we didn't think possible. It's like being a kid again.

1 comment:

  1. by the way - YOU ROCK!!! Nice job on the 14 miles. I'm only 2 weeks behind you on that one - not bad for a NOVICE (that's me)!!!

    I'm catching you!

    ReplyDelete