Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Present I Got Myself

The other day I was taking a walk with Sweetie downtown by the Piazza where there were stands and lots of people walking through them for the Barcolana Regatta slash stuff-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-sailing Expo when I ran across a display for (you're never going to guess what, Okay, I'll tell you) VIBRAM 5-Fingers. I couldn't believe it. I thought I would never see them in Europe, but there they were. So I tried them on (the 40s were too snug, the 41s, a little loose) and quickly bought them (on sale) without really thinking it through (they are yellow and denim-colored). I was feeling pretty smug about the GREAT DEAL I got when I passed ANOTHER DISPLAY of VFFs where they cost 8 euros less. Then I sort of regretted rushing into the purchase. But oh well. Now I have them on my feet and I think they look silly and feel funny. Will I get used to them?

I'm thinking of a doing a run around the block to see how they work. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment