Sunday, November 15, 2009

Let's hear it for 1000 miles this year!

Well, you'll notice that there has been a long silence since my last euphoric entry of LOVING running. That's because I didn't love it so much after that. Today I couldn't stand it, to tell you the truth. But, at the same time, running is part of me now, like it or lump it. 


I'm just psyched that I broke 1000 miles (sounds better in Km, though: 1600!). I have never counted miles in this way before, so thanks Dailymile! 


I'm reading a book by Stefano Baldini, the Italian guy who won the marathon in Greece in 2004 and trying to get my running groove back on to start training for Trieste in May. I'm thinking I'll get into training for reals around mid December. I think Laura needs to find a good May marathon, too. Anybody know of anything in the New York State area scheduled for May?


For now, I just plug away at small distances and every once in a while try to do something a little bit longer.


By the way, a shout out to my cousin Kate, who just qualified for Boston AGAIN! Way to go, Kate!! What an inspiration...


Laura, give us a sign! 
xoxo my fellow runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment