I have been in front of the computer screen for the better part of three hours coming up with a 'wish list' for the next year. I want to share with you some of my thoughts.
1 - I want to run as many half marathons as I can. I love the distance, I respect the distance, I'm not scared of the distance, and I am motivated to stay in 'half-marathon-shape' for the year 2010.
2 - I want to run every event/race with someone - I don't ever want to run a distance over 10 miles without a friend to talk to and laugh with .... motivation goes a long way. Running can be a lonely sport (and that isn't always a bad thing) but I want it to be a fun sport for 2010. I want to make memories with some of my running community friends - we are a fun bunch of people.
To these ends, I have begun to formulate a plan (this is not an ABSOLUTE plan, this is just a starting point.) BUT, the deal is this: if anyone decides to run any of these events with me, the plan will start to take shape. SO - take a look at the list below and let me know if anyone is ready to register - I'm with you.
- 1st - Albany, NY - Hangover Half Marathon
- 6th & 20th - Snow Cheap Trail Running Events - Cobbs Hill Park, Rochester, NY
(hard to find many races in February-March in Upstate New York, but here is what I am going to do)
- 3rd & 17th - Snow Cheap Trail Running Events - Cobbs Hill Park, Rochester, NY
- 13th - Valentine's Day 8-mile run - Greece, NY
- 28th - Williamsburg Half Marathon - Williamsburg, VA **alterior motive to see our good friends**
- 3rd - Snow Cheap Trail Running Events - Cobbs Hill Park, Rochester, NY
- 10th - Garden Spot Village Full/Half/Relay - Lancaster Cty, PA
- 24th/25th - Flower City Challenge - Duathalon/Triathalon/Half-Marathon **doing this with a slew of Rochester Running friends.
- 8th and 9th - North Face Endurance Challenge **another race with Ms. Fool if I can make it work
- 22nd & 23rd - Black Bear Tri (Relay) - Glassboro, NJ *only if I can find two other relay partners*
- 30th - Buffalo Half Marathon- Buffalo, NY
- 13th - Lake Placid Half Marathon - Lake Placid, NY
- 19th - (tentative date) Niagara-on-the-Lake Half Marathon - Ontario, Canada
- 11th - Boilermaker 15k - Utica, NY *I won't be able to run it this year, but YOU SHOULD!!)
- 22nd - Lake Placid XTERRA Triathalon Relay - Lake Placid, NY *need relay partners*
- 5th - Oakleaf Half Marathon and 5K - Geneseo, NY
- 12th - Rochester Half Marathon - Rochester, NY
- 19th Philadelphia Distance Run Half Marathon - Philly, PA *Ms. Fool and I are already decided, we're doing this one together*
- 3rd - Wineglass Marathon and Relay - Corning, NY *this may be my marathon for 2010 because of its mention in Runner's World this month*
- 9th - Canandaigua 50 Mile Ultra Marathon - Relay
10th - Chicago Marathon and Relay - Chicago, IL * doubtful*I just know I can't make this happen this year
- 17th - Toronto Half Marathon - Toronto, Canada
- 24th - Niagara Falls Half Marathon - Niagara Falls, USA & Canada **International**
Come on, folks. Let's hear what you have to say - WHO'S GOING TO JOIN ME???