Friday, January 16, 2009

Great Training Week

What an excellent week of training! I feel euphoric. I got up early this morning and did my third 7.1 miler of the week, which I feel incredibly happy about (here's where I pat myself on the back. Good job, Karoline. Pat pat). I'm excited about my 16-miler tomorrow (or Sunday, depends on plans with Sweetie) and generally I feel like maybe I will actually be able to do this thing. What clinched it was last week's long run, because it wasn't a big deal. It was fine, felt like any other run, which set off some kind of moment de clarté-- hey, this plan is working! Correspondence with fellow Paris Marathoner Minken has also helped me get into the marathon mind. He is using the Paris Marathon as training for the Prague marathon. I like that idea-- that it's just one marathon of many. I want to be one of those people who runs marathons to train for other marathons. Yeah, I'm going to be like that, too. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Multiple marathons?

    You are going to have some sexy legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad Hippie - wait til you see her in her running skort - AND,

    Kari - I believe that you already have sexy legs.

    ReplyDelete