Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Running Chip - New Personal Record

Quick and to the point today - had to replace my running chip in my shoe because the battery was getting low. For a small $20.00, you just replace the whole thing and away you go. I guess it lasts approximately 100 miles - because that is just about how far I've run since I first started using it.

Today, my husband convinced me to run on the treadmill - frown. Usually, I don't mind the treadmill, but with a scary 10 miles hunting me down, I was sure I would be BORED on that stupid gerbil wheel. He was the voice of reason, though, as he said that I have too much invested into this trip to Europe and the marathon to slip on some snow or ice out there in the western New York weather. He was and is right. Thank you, hon, for loading up my ipod with new and exciting music to keep me moving today. It was a great mix, really. As I put one foot in front of the other, my 10 miles became 7, then 5, then 2 then 400 meters....zero. The longest I've run so far - and here to tell about it. I think we are looking at another step-back week next week - always seem harder than the step-forward weeks - very strange. As I am reading other people's blogs, they seem to comment on the same phenomenon - don't quite know what that is all about.

I'm heading off skiing tomorrow - cross training, for sure! I get to be the ski club chaperone at work - as far as I am concerned, this is the best perk of the job!!! I think I'll take my camera and get some pictures of the slopes!!!

You keep reading and we'll keep running! (I assume Kari has been running, although she's been on a cruise for the past week. Let's hope we hear from her soon, her silence on the blog is beginning to get me a bit down....)

No comments:

Post a Comment