Friday, January 23, 2009

Yesterday I felt Gross

But today...

I FEEL GREAT!! First, it's Friday. Let's take a moment to celebrate in anticipation of the wonderful upcoming weekend....(Ohmmmm). Second, I slept great last night (unlike the night before which was disturbed by Fondu/whitewine/party overload. Third, I got up early and ran. Fourth, I got a personal best on my 7.1 run (the one with the big hill in the middle): 1:09:03 (note that the time is closer to 1:09 than 1:10, which I only point out because it is in my favor!). It was even faster than the first time I ran it with Marzio (the 1:10 that almost killed me, remember? I shudder when I think of the noises my lungs made that time). Here's how I tackled the hill: I thought of it as speed work and decided to run as fast as I could for 100 steps, take a one minute break, then repeat until I was all the way up. It took four times to get to the top. Then, I just kept going, counting 100 steps and repeating, and not letting my mind think of anything else, just numbers (it's therapeutic actually).

That, and I never looked at my watch. Not even once. Not until I finished. It's going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment