Friday, March 6, 2009

Here's what's gently poaching for the week-end

Rest, relaxation, maybe a couple of rented movies (a friend gave me a pirated copy of School of Rock dubbed into Italian, so I may watch that), catch up on some work, tidy up, that kind of thing. Hopefully I'll get an hour of tennis in tomorrow and try to catch up on my miles. This was a kick-back week and ends with a 12-miler on Sunday. Easy ;)

Next week is important because it is the last long, long, long run before the REALLY REALLY long, long long run in Paris (which is LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY). I'm looking forward to it.

Today I understood what keeps us wackos running. OUT OF NOWHERE, after weeks of same same same, I weighed myself and there were 3.5 kilos missing. I was ready to run out the door and do an ULTRA right that minute! WOW! Laura said she had the same experience this week.
It's about time!

For curious non-runners, the Paula Radcliffe waif physique clearly does not come along with just one marathon (DRATS!). We're going to have to keep going Laura... but where should we meet for our NEXT one?

4 comments:

  1. Ohio. So I can visit with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea - the Rock-n-Roll marathon in Cleveland???

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I love Cleveland and plenty of places for an after party....FLATS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 3.5kg less to run with :) i weigh in next week so fingers crossed I have a great result too.

    OMG your countdown is in the 20's now....I remember looking at it when it said 50 and thinking "phew I am glad I don't have only 50 days left" LOL

    ReplyDelete