Sunday, March 8, 2009

Uphill Both Ways in the Fog!


I am about 5 minutes from falling asleep, but I couldn't head to bed without giving the cliffnotes version of today's run. I usually do my long runs on Saturdays but we got about 2 inches or rain yesterday and I just couldn't find my snorkel, so I put off the run until today. The kids were driving both my husband and I nuts today, so I pushed one off on my mom (thanks Grandma.) Of course, they are angels for her! So, I re-routed my run from her house. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to head downhill first and uphill toward the end, or go up the REALLY large hill toward the beginning and head downhill from there. Well, as I headed out, I quickly realized that it didn't matter what way I went first, the whole second half of my run was uphill, even though my first half seemed down hill. In other words, there were hills all over the friggin place and I wasn't going to avoid them no matter what way I went. I ran 14 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes. I was pleased with my run and had a great time thinking about a lot of high-school friends along the way. I basically ran the route of my school bus and passed the time thinking about many memories with the people I went to school with. It was a nice run (foggy, but nice.) We are out of snow, now, so that basically means that my ice-baths are now COLD WATER baths. I feel the difference, now, but my knees and legs should be back to normal in the morning. I HOPE.


I will post more later. Check out our day clicker - almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment