Friday, October 3, 2008

What balloon are you?

"the organisers of the Paris international Marathon offer the chance of running at the same pace as experienced runners who, easily identifiable by a coloured balloon that can be seen from afar, have the task of completing the 42.195 km within a pre-determined time."

In other words, when we run the marathon, we will be keeping our target balloon in sight, if possible, so that we can come across the marathon as close to our four-hour target as possible. I think that we will be going GREEN (which just sounds trendy, right?) In the determiniation of this goal, Kari sent me a link to an article which outlined a 6,000 calorie diet created and maintained by explorer Ernest Shackleton. Jokingly, Kari suggested that we need to follow this beer-laiden, goose-fat festooned, chocolate fondant dripped menu. As I read the food that this foolish explorer ate in order to maintain his energy on his expeditions, the thought occured to me that if WE decided to take on 6000 calories a day, we very well may need to be tethered to the GOOD YEAR BLIMP to get us through the Marathon (rather than that green balloon.) Just my initial thought.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to keep up with this Laur-I'm so excited for you and look forward to hearing all about your journey! Bon Chance! Is that right? I took Spanish...

    ReplyDelete