Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thank you!

It's Thanksgiving week, and since Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday (besides my and my brother's birthday, which has not been officially proclaimed a holiday yet), I have already started thinking about what I am thankful for.

This morning I ran downtown to the Italian American Association (where I am helping plan Thanksgiving Dinner) in my VFFs. It usually takes me about 30 minutes to get there (compared to a 20-minute bus ride plus up to 10 minutes of waiting for the bus).

Sure, I was thankful for my feet, and my knees, and my vffs, and the cars that let me cross the street, and green stoplights and the running tights I found that I forgot I had, and for the time I have to run, and for the money I save by not taking the bus, etc.

But instead of making that list, I just thanked along with my breathing (two counts out, one count in when I'm going at an easy, steady pace). Thank you, suck in, Thank you, suck in, Thank you, suck in. I did that for most of the way home.

I realized that a lot of people are going through tough times right now (me included), but it felt good to just THANK for everything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment